Last modified: 19.11.2023
Cardo Systems Ltd. and its group members and affiliates including Cardo Systems, Inc., Cardo International GmbH and Riser GmbH (together or separately hereto referred to as “Cardo”) consider your privacy as very important, and we take seriously our responsibility to take all commercially reasonable steps to maintain security and protect your privacy. Among others, Cardo will neither disclose, sell, lease or rent your information to third parties.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Information We Collect
Cardo collects both information that identifies you and information that does not personally identify you:
- To register and access the Cardo Community, you provide information that does specifically identify you. We ask that you also provide a screen name or handle that may be viewed publicly. This is the best way to anonymize yourself to other users. You can choose if you want to display or hide your full profile to friends or the public or not at all. You will enter information to assist you in pairing swiftly by computer. If you choose to do so, you may enter information about persons you ride with for ease of pairing. The information you post publicly is accessible to Cardo.
- Any information you provide. When you register and/or create an account for using our App., our Services, the ‘Community’ page, ‘Contact us’, or otherwise, you provide your information such as your name, email address, your language and country. For some pages, within the registration, you may also include additional voluntary details such as your gender, year or date of birth, Cardo headset serial number, your helmet and vehicle details, purchase date and store details. We may send you an e-mail to the e-mail address you submit to confirm your registration. If you choose not to create an account, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the Products or Services, including without limitation the support services.
When you download the Connect Mobile App., the App. will recommend to you to register in order to have access to advanced capabilities of the App. Such registration is not mandatory. If you choose to register, you will be able to do so via email registration or via your Google account or Apple account, and, you will be requested to provide your name, email address, date of birth and country. You will be able to delete your account at any time by pressing the ‘delete my account’ button in the App. (which will lead you to our support page where you will be able to request to delete your account). The App connects to the Product (your Cardo device) through Bluetooth, and will recognize the device details (serial number, FW version, model etc.) with no further details on your identity (other than those submitted by you upon the registration to the App., if you registered. The Cardo Update Desktop Application requires you to register, in order to download updated firmware versions for your device. Registration includes providing us with your following details: name, email address, country, and date of birth. The App. is downloaded to your computer, and when you connect the device to your computer, Cardo may access your unique user ID, the App installation details (time of installation, platform type, OS type, App version etc.), data on FW versions and device details (type, model, serial number etc.) as well of the information you provided to us on registration and identify you as the device owner.
- Additional information collected. Cardo Connect Mobile App. has the ability to record group conversations. Users that wish to record a call, must alert the other participants in the call of such recording, in advance, to allow them to drop from the call in the event that they are not interested in being recorded. In addition, once the recording has started, a voice announcement will be presented notifying all participants in the call that 'recording started'. Each user performs recording on its sole responsibility, and Cardo does not have any responsibility or liability to anything related to the recording, nor has any access to the recordings which are stored in each User's This includes liability with respect to the voice recording storage, security, loss etc. If you are not interested in being recorded, kindly leave the call upon the notification and announcement that the call is being recorded. If you choose to continue the conversation, this will be considered to be your consent to being recorded.
- The device collects personal and other types of information regarding the usage of the device, for statistical uses (e.g., how many users listened to music during their ride).
User submitted comments on trips, sections and motorcycles, posts, likes and conversations on the Website and Apps., are collected and stored, including the IP address (and geographical location) of the user.
- App. purchases. The Apps. will allow you to make purchases of subscription to various features (auto-renewed monthly or periodic subscription packages). If you choose purchase subscription, the transactions made through the App. are paid and processed through Google Store or through Apple Store. If you purchase subscriptions, the payment processing party – Google or Apple as applicable – will collect from you certain additional information to process your purchase, such as your credit card, ID or bank account information. Cardo has no access to such information and has no responsibility regarding your payment through the payment processing vendors, and no responsibility regarding the data disclosed thereof. We strongly recommend you to review the terms and privacy policies of Google and Apple.
The Riser App. also uses amplitude for tracking (https://amplitude.com/) user data and respective funnels, for the purpose of understanding the user’s needs and based on this, to improve the App, Website and the Services. Amplitude’s terms can be found here: https://amplitude.com/terms.
In addition, the Riser App. uses the developer tool Fabric for evaluating usability and user interaction within the app. Fabric is also a Google tool. The Fabric Terms and Conditions are available at the following link: https://fabric.io/terms.
- Log Information – Our servers may log and record information including IP address, browser type, date and time of your request, among other information. We may use such information to analyse trends, diagnose problems with our servers, administer the Services and the Website, track users’ movement around the Services, identify you for the duration of a session and gather demographic information.
- User Communications. When you enter information and email addresses or any contact information, we may use that information to, for example, contact you. You may be added to a mailing list. If you share your information with event organizers, post in a discussion forum, communicate with a group, etc., that information may be stored, processed and distributed as applicable within the Website. In so doing, Cardo may associate your communication with you.
- Unique number – when you sign up we may identify you with a unique number or other code.
- Third Party Applications – From time to time, as we determine what improves the portal/website, Cardo may utilize third-party applications that may identify the user.
- When you login with your username and password to use the Cardo Community, Cardo will record that you are present online. User information may be tracked for the purpose, for instance, of ensuring authorized access or enabling proper communication with Cardo or other members.
- Information your computer automatically provides to websites, such as IP address, the type of browser you use, the domain name of your Internet provider, specific areas of the Website that you visit, user demographics, duration of your visit and site traffic purposes. This information, which is sometimes called “clickstream” data, can be collected and stored by a Website’s server. We may use clickstream data to determine how much time visitors spend on each page of the Website and how they navigate through the Website. We will only use this information to improve the Website and our services.
- If you send an email, we may save the information for future reference. We recommend that you not send any personal information such as bank account information, credit card number or social security number.
- Google and Social networks. You may connect to the Cardo Community and Apps. using your Google or Facebook account, in which case we will collect your profile publicly available information.
Use of Information
If you submit or we collect your information through the Website and/or App and/or Services, then we may, in addition to the uses described above, use such information in the following ways, via any applicable communication channel, including e-mail, SMS, etc.:
- We will use your information to provide and improve our Website, App, Products and Services, to send you marketing/advertisement communications that we believe may be of interest to you, to contact you in connection with our Products and Services and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, to send you updates or news regarding our Products and Services, to respond to a “Contact Us”, administrative request (for example, to change your contact details) or other request, to identify and authenticate you as a device owner (when registering to Cardo Update App.) and your access to the parts of the Services that you are authorized to access, and to personalize your using experience when using the Website and the App.
You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Products or Services-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a details update request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Website or Services.
- We may use information and/or payment information to charge you or collect payment for Products and Services you have ordered or to provide you with a price quote for a Product or Service.
- We may send emails or provide other information to you while you are on the Website.
- We store the data in order to create, maintain and develop our customer relations, to market our products and services and to gain a better understanding about the needs of our present and potential customers and business partners.
- The Apps. are used for the operation and configuration of the Product (your Cardo device), for updates and for identifying device users in order to improve our products and personalize your user experience.
- When providing us with your personal information, we may add you as a contact to our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. If you do not agree, you may remove us from your social network accounts at any time.
- To the extent that this is required for the purpose of regular supply of the Website and/or App services, Website management, and control, fulfilling your purchases and requests, facilitating relevant marketing activities, providing customer support, for operational purposes, etc., we may allow access to your information to our agents, contractors, business partners, or other service providers as needed. We limit the information provided to service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of your information and to comply with applicable privacy legislation including an adequate level of protection of your information. Such third-party service providers may use your personal information only to provide services to you or to Cardo and will not be given permission to use such information for other purposes. Such service providers may include IT suppliers (e.g., ticketing systems suppliers), Website and/or App. servers or design suppliers, cloud vendors (e.g., CloudZone which is used as an inner-cloud environment for Cardo’s ERP and file servers), connecting tools or apps. and plugins (e.g., Crashlytics, OpenStreetMap, Mapbox, GetSentry) etc. Keep in mind that this Website and the App. are accessible internationally and that our Services may be provided from outside your country of residence.
- Your information may be transferred into or out of your country of residence. If you are not comfortable with data protection provided, or if the laws in your area prohibit the use of this Website or the App. or our Services as intended, then refrain from submitting any information. We will, however, make efforts to ensure that data transfers georgical under requirements of applicable laws.
Choices and Privacy Settings
- Certain information of a user can be viewed on your Apps and the Cardo Community. This information may include first and last name, profile picture (optional), cover image (optional), friends list and motorcycle (optional).
- You can control the information that you make public. For instance, although you enter your personal information when joining, for the purpose of posting or responding to information, you are free to use a handle that does not identify you to the public. Remember, any information (including personal information) that you disclose in public areas of our website, such as forums, message boards, and news groups becomes public information that others may collect, distribute and use. Please exercise caution.
- The Riser App. and web-based services allow you to select privacy setting when completing an activity / trip or creating a section, which will determine what information may only be seen by you, your friends, the entire Riser community or certain users groups (private, friends & public). You may set the privacy settings for activities/trips and related data, for created gateways and related data, for live tracking and for reWind (an interactive 3D map which allows you to relive a finished trip).
- The Website and/or Apps. use a plugin for the integration of the social network Facebook. Sharing of content from your Apps. on Facebook takes place exclusively with your consent by hand selecting the sharing function. Cardo will not share any information without the user's explicit permission and is not responsible for such sharing of information by the user.
- At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose personal information. If you choose not to provide mandatory information, you may still visit parts of the Website but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and Services that involve our interaction with you.
We take security very seriously and follow generally accepted industry standards and applicable rules, to protect the personal information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality and users of the Website use the Website and App at their own risk.
Cardo may provide advertising on the portal/website.
You choose your handle and what information you enter into the Cardo Website. Entering information that others can see makes it available to them. For instance, stating your name, address, telephone number, or names of friends and riding partners makes that visible to the public. Indicating your gender also makes that information accessible. If you do not wish to be identified by your name, use a handle. Advise your friends to be considerate of your needs when they make posts about you. Keep your information secure.
Opting Out and Data Subject Rights
We respect your rights under applicable laws, and, accordingly, users may opt out and have the information erased by contacting Cardo or contact us for materializing other rights they may have under their local legislation such as the right to access their data, right to correct data etc.
Commitment and Communication
Thank you for your time and cooperation.
Your Cardo Team
Last modified: 19.11.2023